Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just a note...

Good morning!! Happy Saturday! I hope you are doing well! I'm popping in with my second post for today--the new Retro Sketch for the week! We've got a fun square card, based off a card of Arielle's that is super fun!!

So the new sketch
 
And here's my new card for the sketch!
 I was doing a bit of homework from my Stretch Your Dies online card class. I love, love, loved this fun technique!! I cut these awesome Bold Blooms from my Essentials by Ellen dies, from masking paper and then arranged them on my white cardstock. After I had them placed, I took my ink blending tool and some picked raspberry distress ink and went to town!! Then I stamped all the coordinating blooms and leaves with black ink. I just LOVE the stark contrast!! My sentiment is from the Fancy Thanks set, also from the  new Essentials by Ellen release. The label is from a pretty pink posh die.

I made a few other cards just like this one, using different colored ink for the background....LOVE!! You just may see this set a few times this next week from me...kind of stuck on it!!

So, take a few minutes, grab what's out on your desk and come join the fun over at Retro Sketches!!
 

1 comment:

Taunya Butler said...

Such great use of these great stamps!! And those blossoms are gorgeous and this card is really delightfully done!!!