Monday, February 9, 2015

thank you


Happy Monday...or is it!? I am trying so hard to see the sunshine through the rain today!! We've got a nasty virus at our house and it is K.I.L.L.I.N.G me!!! My little peeps are having a hard time sleeping and not coughing their little lungs out...and well, I'm ready to be rid of the bug!!

On that lovely welcoming note (lol, sorry!!) do you ever have pieces, extras that were intended for a card, but never made the final cut? I have a little basket of the things that either didn't make the card look like I wanted, were extra or I just don't want to get rid of!  I challenged myself in the last clean out of my desk, to get some of these pieces in the spotlight!!

All of these misfits were just sitting and waiting. Then I threw them together, and I like it!! I have a wet paint stamp from PTI. Beautiful butterfly from PTI die, water colored with distress ink. You from Simon Says Stamp, and the little "thank" frame was cut with my silhouette!

Don't be hating on the misfits!! Glad they got the chance to come together and I know just what wonderful friend is going to get this card in the mail today!! She brought us some essential oils, some loose leaf tea that she loves when sick...and I love that she didn't even ask if I wanted it, just knew we were under the weather and showed up with them! I want to be more like this friend....

I hope your day is sunny and healthy!!! Linking up to Simon Says Stamp "bright and beautiful" challenge today!!

5 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Great card to have been pulled from the leftovers and things left on your desk - awesome and such a fun idea!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh no, I hope you all feel better soon. I know that the rain isn't helping.

Your card is beautiful!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow love the stamped background and well it is pink so i REALLY love it

Teresa Kline said...

hello Jen! super sweet card, luv the background! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp[ Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty & fun! I hope your household feels better soon -- being sick is never fun!