Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hugs


Good morning!! Happy Thursday! I feel like today is almost holiday worthy...almost everyone is feeling better!! This virus that has us bound is really doing a number!! But only one is really feeling the yuck right now, the rest are just in that "lingering cough" state!

This card is using a new technique--I'm not one for doing a lot of different techniques, but this is super easy!! For the yellow background, I used some yellow hero arts ink and then used a cloud stencil with versamark ink! The effect of the versamark ink and hero arts ink is amazing!!! As the versamark dried, the images just lightened up...isn't that fun!? I learned this fun technique from the Online Card Class that just finished, from Jennifer McGuire.
I loved the way that fun sky turned out!! I used the Branching Out stamp set for my trees, and the Moosing You(freebie) for the Owl and the sentiment. I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp challenge--"All creatures, great and small!!"

I hope you have a lovely Thursday!! My kids are off of school for a few days, so let the wild rumpus begin!! Take care and see you Saturday with a couple new posts!!



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a cute card Jen! Happy Friday!

Are they already on break? That was fast! My boy is off from school next week.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Jen! luv the design of your card, super cuuuute! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life...sparkle & shine! *~*