Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday friends! I hope that you are all having a great day! I've had a nice productive day of cleaning, laundry, and finally some stamping time! I've been meaning to play along with my dear bloggin' buddy Mary's PPA challenge! She and her 'pals' have started a challenge blog and this week, their first challenge is a color challenge.

The colors for this weeks challenge are Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Chocolate Chip. I've just finished my card for this challenge! I also used the Mojo Monday sketch for my card today, MOJO98.

I pulled out my Circle Circus stamp set...it is SO one of my new favorite things! I stamped a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Chocoalte Chip, Melon Mambo, and Bermuda Bay ink and 3 of the fun circles from the stamp set. For my main image layer, I pulled out my Circle Scissor Plus cutter..LOVE it! I used it for both my Wisper White and Chocolate Chip circles.

I used Melon Mambo for my card base. I layered a piece of Melon Mambo dsp onto a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock and attached it to my card. I used a strip of sticky strip to attach my Bermuda Bay ribbon down the left side of my card. **To get a solid Bermuda Bay ribbon rather than polka-dot, I just used the "back" of the ribbon**. For my little bow, I just made a circle out of a piece of the polka-dot ribbon and then attached it with some sticky strip. My Button Latte white button was attached with a mini glue dot. **Don't forget you can earn the Button Latte set of button free with 35$ worth of "Growing Up! stamps from the current Catalog! Here is the link to show you the details!

After the base of the card was completed, I attached my circle layer. The sentiment was my finishing touch. The 'hey there!' sentiment comes from the Really Retro stamp set. I stamped it with Melon Mambo ink and used my small oval punch to punch it out. I then used my large oval punch to get a Chocolate Chip layer and then my scallop oval punch for my last oval layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you make today a great one!

10 comments:

Maile Belles said...

Cute card!!! Love the ribbon detail, how the polka dots only show on the bow!

Denise said...

This is SO upbeat and fun - I love the PPA colors combined with the Mojo sketch. Great job, and thanks for playing at PPA!

June Houck said...

This is really fun!!! You rocked the color challenge, Jen :)

Margaret Moody said...

I love your card, Jen! Great job with the challenge colors and combining the two challenges! Thanks for participating in PPA's first challenge! Join us next week for PPA2!

Ann Schach said...

Super cute card, Jen! I love what you did with the ribbon! You rocked both challenges! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!!!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I love how you used the Circle Circus set to create a focal point.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stinking cute. Love all of your circles and fun ribbon treatment. Way to rock the PPA color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tracey Parrott said...

Love those circles and your use of the challenge colors is fantastic!

Denise Clark said...

I would never have thought those colors would look so good together but they do! Happy, carefree! Wonderful card!