Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Party Hearty!

The other day my husband called and asked me to bring a Birthday Card to one of his co-workers. So, I ran upstairs and these cuties were born! I had seen this box on Angie Juda's Blog and made them several months ago. My husband wanted some sort of "treat" for his friend, so I thought this little box would be perfect! Angie called this box her Blessing Mix Box, here is a link to her great tutorial !


The card stared with a WW base and a layer of Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the cupcake once in kiwi and then again in pink pirouette and then cut the top off the pink one and added it to the kiwi one(with a dimensional). The oval scallops are the pink and purple size marvy uchida punches. The designer paper is from the pink pirouette set, and layered on some pink pirouette cardstock. The ribbon, yes, it's pink pirouette! For the last touch I stamped just one of the party hats from the party hat stamp in pink pirouette(should we just call it PP from now on?) and then stamped party hearty(with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig) over the hat. I used the 1 3/8" circle and scallop circle punch. I did glitify the cupcake and party hat with two way glue and dazzling diamonds glitter. I added the scallop with dimensionals. This box is just a 81/2x11" piece of cardstock. I LOVE that you don't need to cut anything for this box, just a few scores, folds and great box! I used the same ingredients here as on the card...except I used Kiwi/Vanilla stain ribbon instead of the PP stripe. We filled it with some GREAT treats and it was well recived!


Thanks for stopping by! Make it a great one!!

4 comments:

הבלבוסטה said...

Wish I had my birthday....
Great gift, love the colors.

Navit

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen:

I want that set . . . wait I have it but haven't made anything nearly so cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs, Mary

Unknown said...

Love the color combo...beautiful set.

Angie Tieman said...

How cute!! Love the soft, dreamy colors! Looks good enough to eat!