Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Elphie...


So, you just met Galinda, here is Elphie! I have been on a big WICKED kick, and listened to the soundtrack...well, let's just say more than 5 times in the past 2 days! I think it really is my all time favorite. So, I LOVE the character of Elphaba! Her songs are fantastic...the voice of that character is just amazing! If you haven't heard it yet...do it now!
So, card deets. I used Old Olive as the base of the card, the designer paper is olive as well. A black scalloped strip...pretty basic. I stamped Elphie (LAD little people) in black hybrid palette ink and colored her with my SU markers-Basic Black, Real Red and Old Olive (and outlined her with sahara sand). Old Olive ribbon from SU tied around the belly. She was punched with the pink oval punch(MU) and then put on an olive scallop done with the purple size scallop oval punch(MU). I wanted to fit her all into the pink oval, but as you can tell she didn't quite fit. I stamped her had two times, and just added the hat on top of the origional-giving just a tad of dimension. I used some AC rub-ons for the BOO. Please note the black stickles! They don't show up quite as awesome as they do IRL, but who knew I loved black glitter so much!? I used black stickles on her pumpkin and on the band of her hat and then red stickles on her Ruby slippers!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't you love when you sit down at the computer and for some unknown reason the internet isn't working....that was my story today. Glad that whatever was wrong has been corrected! Make it a great one!!

2 comments:

joslyn said...

cute cute card love the colors. the olive is great with this witch. i LOVE LOVE wicked too.

Anonymous said...

Elphie and Galinda are delicious. Did you read the book "Wicked," too? I'm one of the few that has read the book but hasn't seen the performance. Hopefully, some time soon!

Thanks for such pretty and charming cards! Hugs . . . . M