Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Merrry Little Christmas!

Hello friends! I know I've been absent, but 'tis the season for lots of things going on! I've been crafting and creative, but not with paper as much as other things! I wanted to share a couple of things I worked on yesterday! I've been making gifts, wrapping gifts, and really enjoying what this season has brought thus far!

I purchased a few unfished wooden pices at Hobby Lobby when I was away at Thanksgiving (I WISH I had a Hobby Lobby to frequent!!). I had them up near my desk and have been thinking about what fun things they might be used for! I saw a little "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" sign and my lightbulb turned on and here is the result! It makes me so happy!! It is housed on an easel in my kitchen and makes me smile every time I look at it!

I painted the wood white, let it dry and went to work on deciding what vinyl I wanted to use! I use my silhouette software and the "Artisan Pattern" to create the red background. Isn't that a FUN background!? I just layered the black over the red...and now am dreaming of what fun plaque I'll make next!


Next, I created one of my favorite Christmas time quotes! It is from a wonderful talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell, one of the wonderful men that was a leader in my church. I am going to be giving several of this little tiles, along with a copy of the talk from Elder Maxwell, to several friends this season. I love this quote, and I actually my a 12x12 one for me! It's so important to remember this!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday Season! I love this time of year, and the sweet memories I have associated with it! My kids are feeling the "magic" and it makes my heart just bubble with excitement! Have a wonderful one!!

I'm hosting the GRS weekly recipe sketch tomorrow, so stay tuned!! Thanks




1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome fun idea...I love it..
That background is so nice and bright.....I love my kitchen too...it is just fun.