Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hello!

Good morning friends! I hope you are having a great week, Thursday already...time is flying by! Happy May Day to you all!! I can't believe that it is MAY! My little baby will be here in just 14 short days!! I have been looking forward to this month for SO long...can't believe it is finally here!!!

Yesterday was a WONDERFUL sunny day in Seattle! We were at 80 degrees, jumping on the trampoline with swimsuits and sprinklers, eating smoothie pops and enjoying the sunshine!
 
Today I have a happy sort of card to share, one that my 6 year old Ruby has told me is her, "most favorite card" I have ever made!! She is sweet but we had a lot of fun on this one!!
I started with a large 12x12 Heidi Swapp sunburst stencil, and some distress inks. After the sunbeams were colored, I added some PTI clouds. They have been properly made into shimmery glitter clouds and a couple of them are popped up with foam adhesive. My hello, is from Lawn Fawn. I cut it out about 5 or 6 times with white cardstock. The last one I left in the negative space while I added the rainbow color, with distress inks as well. After I adhered the dies all together, and added it to the card, I applied a thick coat of glossy accents to make it shine!! It is very shiny in real life...you just need to run your fingers all over it (or so says Ruby!).
 
I am linking this card over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, featuring Lawn Fawn products!:) I hope you have a great day!! Take care, hopefully you will get a chance to enjoy the sunshine in your part of the world today!!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your card, Jeni!
And I didn't realize you were expecting -- congratulations! Wishing you all the best!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is fabulous.. totally love it

Lin said...

Such a happy card, Jeni! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! Best wishes on your new baby on the way!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So bright and cheeful - super card!

Darnell said...

I agree with Ruby, Jen, this card is incredible!!

Happy Mother's Day to you!! I wish you all the best with the brand new baby soon now! Blessings abound!! Hugs, Darnell