Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Fall

Happy Fall Y'all! I think Fall might finally be here in Seattle...it's been raining for a couple of days and I've needed a sweater/jacket...and I'm so happy about that! I'm excited for all that comes with the wonder of Fall...it is a definate one of my 4 favorite seasons!

This card is a fun sample of the September Monthly Mix from LAD. This fun little acorn is so fun, don't you think?
My card started with by stamping my Happy Fall circle, also from the September Monthly Mix, in chocolate ink. Next, My acorn was stamped in chocolate ink into the center of the Happy Fall circle. I used my 1 3/4" circle punch to punch the white cardstock out. Next, I stamped my acorn onto some Ruby Red dsp. I cut the body of the acorn out and attached it to my acorn. The I colored the leaves with a Rucy Red marker and added a couple little while polkas to the leaves with my white gel pen. I used my nestabilities to make a chocolate chip layer and a scalloped Ruby Red layer.

My card base came together like this...A ruby red cardbase with a layer of chcolate chip cardstock. I used my fiskars border punch on a piece of white cardstock and attached that to my chocolate layer. I addeda piece of ruby red dsp right at the top of my white strip. I added my chocolate chip ribbon and then attached the layer to my card.

I stamped the fun bracket stamp, also from the Montly Mix, in chocolate chip ink onto a white rectangle. I used my corner rounder on the right two corners of my white layer. I layered the white cardstock onto some chocolate chip and then attached it to my ruby red dsp, I slipped it in right under the ribbon, then used a mini glue dot to hold the knot of the ribbon in place.

I added a couple of little loops of ribbon to the left side of my acorn scallop and then attached it to my card with dimensionals!

I hope you all have a great day today! Happy Fall to you all! Oh, and Penny if I don't hear back from you today, I'll have to choose another winner of the blog candy....please shoot me an email!

2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

So lovely . . . it looks like a beautiful present. Love the bow. Hugs, Mary

Tricia Ulberg said...

Way cute, i love how you used the ribbon!