Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Razzle Dazzle

Good morning Friends! As promised, today my offering is sneek peeking a different stamp set than Circle Circus, this great stamp set is called Razzle Dazzle. It is also a really fantastic stamp set! I'm telling you, the new catalog is just fantastic...the new products are wonderful! I can't wait to get my hands on more new goods!!

Razzle Dazzle, it's another delicious set. Today I'm combining Melon Mambo with some delightful Crushed Currry! The Curry is such a great yellow...just perfect! I hope that you are as excited to get your hands on your new In Colors...I know we're all going to just love them!
So, I started my card out by stamping the Crushed Curry Rectangle stamp from the Razzle Dazzle stamp set--that you see in the center of the card. I stamped a larger piece of paper, then trimed it down to size...don't try to stamp on a piece of paper that is the same size as your stamp...it's hard!! Stamped the Thank You (I love the font of this particular stamp--it's from the Thank you Kindly stamp set) in Melon Mambo ink, right on top of the Crushed Curry. I then mounted the layer onto Melon Mambo cardstock.

I took a piece of Crushed Curry that was big enough to frame my main image, and used my scallop border punch to give a little sweet edge. Then I did the same with a piece of Whisper White, and they made a perfect frame for my image!

Next, I moved onto my card. The base was a "scrap" of paper, so it isn't a standard card size--just a nice size for my image! I stamped the floral image of Razzle Dazzle in Melon Mambo ink all over the Melon Mambo card, making a great background. I mounted my image on my card, tied it all up with a lovely piece of Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon **YUM**, and then needed a little embelishment.

I chose to stamp the small flower from the Razzle Dazzle set in Crushed Curry. I used my 3/4" circle punch to punch it out, then mounted it on a 1" circle of Melon Mambo cardstock. I added a little silver brad for the center of the flower...and attached it with dimensionals to the card.

I'm really loving having the time to be creative...I'm working hard to get my workspace organized and "working"...I had a great setup in our other house, and it worked so well! I'm almost feeling like I've got it, and then something just isn't in the right place...so I'm tweaking as I go...and I'm almost there!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great one!! See you soon!!

4 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the bold colors! I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought the DMC floss that matched the new colors to make crocheted flowers and was able to get a sneak that way. Ü

Julie Cluff said...

I love the way you used this set. The sentiment stamped over the pattern block is perfect! Nice color combo.

Dawn Zorer said...

Love it, the colors are amazing.

Angie Tieman said...

Oooooh, this is gorgeous!! Love the "thank you" stamped over the background piece!