Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Good morning Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! We're enjoying beautiful weather and hope for a great day!:) I thought I'd just pop in for a few minutes and share a fun b.day card I just finished.

I used some of my favorite things...Rubons, print pack dsp, clear buttons, scallop edge punch and of course 5/8" ribbon! -this Happy Birthday and gift are from the hostess level 3 bundle. I love the fun font of the sentiments in this set...super fun! Another favorite, Regal Rose paper--this dsp is from the level 1 hostess dsp paper pack. I think this print is super fun!
I started with a whisper white card base and then added my regal rose dsp layer. I scalloped a strip of chocolate chip cardstock with my scallop edge punch and attached it to my card. You all know I'm a bit stuck on ribbon ruffles! I used some 1/2" scor tape to attach my regal rose ribbon. Next came my cute Happy Birthday rub-ons! I love the immediate cute factor of rub-ons! I added a little gift rub-on to a large square clear button. I took a closer detail photo for you to see it up closer.
I've got a super cute friend in mind for this super cute and happy card! It sure turned out fun!

I hope you have a wonderful day and take a few minutes to remember the wonderful men and women who have served so freely to ensure that we (in the United States) have the freedom the Founding Fathers fought so hard for! I'm so thankful for their sacrifices! I'm glad for a day set aside to help me remember them!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Make it a great one!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh this is so pretty! I really have to have a go at this ruffled ribbon. It look so gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card!! Love that scrunchy ribbon!

Lisa Brown said...

Love this ribbon treatment! Thanks for the inspiration...you'll be sure to see it on one of my cards soon!