Thursday, May 28, 2009

Core-dinations and a bit of Ruby

Good morning friends! I hope that you're having a great Thursday! Today is one of the most wonderful Thursdays on record for the Allen family! Our shipment from Germany is being delivered and unloaded to our house as I type! We have been in the States since April 6th, and w/o our stuff for a few days before that....I'm so excited for more options in my wardrobe!! Living out of suitcases has been...exciting:).

I'm not sure if you are all signed up to get the SCS weekly inkling? If not, you can go to the home page and sign up for a weekly inkling newsletter. It's a fun load of info that comes to your inbox every Wednesday. Yesterday the product focus team did a review on Core-dinations paper(did I share the excitement that I was asked to be part of that team? If not, I was and it is SO fun!). It is super cool paper! If you'd like to read what the team had to say you can go here and read all about this great paper product!

This little box set is one of the projects I added to the gallery to show how fun this paper is! I made this set for a girlfriend that has been so supportive and helpful in our stressful last month or so! I used the core-dinations vintage paper-isn't it fun!? I used my Big Shot to make the Box #2. The inside of the box is a beautiful green--and as you sand the textured side of the paper, the green core comes through...LOVE it! I added some chocolate covered cinnimon bears--one of her favorites! I added a band of chocolate chip cardstock to the box and then tied a pretty bow and attached the ribbon to the cardstock strip

For the little 3x3 card, I used the vintage paper also. A strip of chocolate chip cardstock made a perfect home for my little sweet sentiment! It is a rub-on from the Chit Chat rub-on set. I made a home for my little button ensamble with a 1" circle punch of the vintage paper. I chose the smooth darker green side and attache it to my chocolate chip strip. I added a couple of buttons, one clear circle and a chocolate chip flower from the coco-latte button dish.

It was a fun and quick little "something" to share with my friend who just made my days easier! Isn't it a blessing to have friends like that!?

Ok, I have to tell share so funny things my baby did today.--Thank you in advance for indulging me! My baby Ruby, who is already 15 months old(how dare she grow up!), is so funny! For starters she is the best sleeper! She sleeps from 7-7 and just rocks at the bed time stuff. So, I was a little surprised when she woke up at 12:30 this am and wouldn't stop crying. I went in her room to see what was the matter. She was looking at her shoes--and wanted me to put them on her! So, I put her shoes on, gave her a bottle, and she went back to sleep. She was so happy to wake up with her shoes on! She LOVES them! I love her shoes too...her very frist pair of Chucks!
Aren't they cute!? She won't let me take them off...and now she even sleeps in them!

This morning I wasn't running like crazy (yea) and had time to make a myself a yummy breakfast-satued red pepper, tomoto, black beans and egg whites. Now, she does love eating red peppers, cucumber, and the like. However, I was laughing as I sat down to eat, she climbed right up on my lap and started eating my eggs! She couldn't get enough beans or peppers! It cracked me up!! She is a great eater--but my food is no longer just "my" food! I guess my other kids help themselves to my plate--but only very rarely. I just thought I was safe eating alone at the table today!:) Not so!

Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Love the rubon so much - where's it from? And hello, who DOESN'T love the chocolate covered cinnamon bears (thank you WinCo!) And oh my goodness -- Ruby! She kills me! Who knew she'd love all that grown up food. And I'd want to sleep in those shoes too -- love them!! Love YOU. June is our month. We will play in June. I promise!!! xoxo

wendyp said...

Jeni, thats awesome! Congrats!!! Your project is adorable! i have a pack of these papers I still need to play with. Might just have to get them out and give them a try.

love those cute chucks!!!

Dawn Zorer said...

Chocolate sounds good after a day i had today, Car radiator blow out, riding lawn mower broke and cell phone broke. what a day. _( Hope your unpacking is going well.

Allison said...

Gorgeous box - t he ribbon on it is amazing! You made it so perfectly!

Lisa Brown said...

What a precious little gift! I am sure she will love it!

cute story about your baby...thanks for sharing it!