Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Monday!

Is it even legal to say that? I even went to bed "early" last night and it was still hard to get up this morning! But none the less, happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. There are a lot of aspects I love about the paper crafting world...tools, great new products, etc., but I think my favorite is in the giving my creations away! I needed a quick little something of a friend...and this super quick card came together just like that! It was perfect for a little "pick me up" and I'm so happy I can do that for other people--because doing that for someone makes ME feel better...it's a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

I had this strip of baja breeze designer paper sitting on my desk, so I grabbed a piece of Chocoalte Chip cardstock to make the card. I cut about 3/4" off the bottom of the front of the card and added the Baja Breeze scalloped edge with my trusty scallop edge punch. My paper piercing tool for little added a bit of detail in the scallops. I attached my designer paper and tied it up with a baja breeze ribbon. The sentiment is from the Best Yet hostess set(great set if you don't have it yet!). I stamped with chocolate chip ink, punched a chocolate chip scallop circle to layer it on and used some dimensionals for attaching it to my card.

I hope that you get that great sense of satisfaction when you give away your creations...and hope that you get happy mail too!:)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you make it a great one!

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I love happy mail...sending and receiving! Fun for everyone!

jules p said...

I love this card. And it is a "Happy Monday". :)
Thanks for the pick me up card!!

Mary Fish said...

I feel the "magic," too when I give cards away (which is most of them). Love this sweet and simple version you shared today! Hugs,

Mary

Jenn D said...

Okay, so we were both the last ones to get the Flight of the Butterfly. I'll declare a tie. LOL!

This card is too cute. Blue and brown are again one of my fav's. I hope your friend likes it.

joslyn said...

it is always hard for me to get up no matter what time i go to bed. love the clean lines and baja breeze.