Thursday, September 11, 2008

I love having just the right things...

I was really excited when I was asked to make a little book for a co-worker at my husband's office. I was given a stack of photos and asked to make something for her to remember her time at the office, etc.. So, now this is the third book I've been asked to make. I have had these naked chipboard books for a long time (they were a 1$ spot at target find), and it was perfect for this project! I used a scrap-kit that retired from Stampin' Up! this past catalog. I LOVE the colors, bashful blue, wild wasabi, pumpkin pie, real red...GREAT colors. I have really enjoyed using these kits, they make a project like this take just a few hours. So, while my Ruby was sleeping this afternoon, this is the book I finished.

I used my ATG gun to cover the chipboard covers. After I had put the polka dot paper on the front cover, I opened the cover and laid it on my cutting mat and just used my hobby blade to cut the window out, then sanded the edge with a sanding block. I love the self adhesive flowers and flourishes...so fun! And the strips for borders etc...lovely!! CEE stands for the department that my friend works for at the office. I used thickers (AC) for the CEE, so that they really stood out against the wasabi polka dot paper.

Here is one of the pages-just to show how simple I made the book. I used the same "general" format for each page, only making slight adjustments-and that kept my time to a minimal. Oh, I also used the scallop edge punch on each page...just a little bit of fun there!! I had a great time with this project! I love when things just "come together" and you are happy with the result!

Thanks for stopping by!! Make today a great one!!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Jen,
This is fabulous, she's sure to love it. Funny, I just found that same pack of paper I haven't used yet. I really love the blue polka dots!

Allison said...

It may be "simple" but it looks gorgeous!

June Houck said...

This will be treasured for sure! Very nice job. You said you kept it simple, but I love the added scallops and cs stickers, and bits of layered dp. Simply elegant :)

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. What a wonderful gift. I love the peek through on the front cover.

Anonymous said...

Jen, it's fabulous I LOVE IT! You are amazingly talented! Rawan (The person who recieved the present)

Ifat Art said...

Great job, Jen!
I'm sure she loved it! It looks great.

IfatArt.

joslyn said...

really cute. what a nice thing to do.

Anonymous said...

You are so nice to be making stuff for others! I love how simple this book is looking. I loved polka dots and have stash of stash of them storing in paper holders. You have such a great creations of cards and such. They are cute!

Catherine said...

it's gorgeous