Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hot Dog!

Hello friends and happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a good week. It's amazing how out of our regular routine we've been...with new baby and being out of school for two weeks...today was rough! I was the not so nice mommy that made everyone get back into doing their jobs...that wasn't fun for anyone! We did have fun once we all got our jobs done...here's to hoping tomorrow brings with it a few more smiles about "routine"!

I've made a resolve...to MAIL my cards again! I've gotten into a rut, to just make most of them and then they sit...NOT in 2011! I'm going back to my roots and make cards to send to people I love! Coming from a large family (Max was grandchild 43 for my parents!) we've got plenty of people that love a little something special in the mailbox on their b.day! With facebook, email and texting, it's easy to say happy birthday--but those little special nuggets in the mailbox are SO much fun to receive, that I'm really excited to get myself back into the habit!

So, here is one of the first cards going out tomorrow. I think this stamp set is one of my all time favorites from LAD...it's called Party Animals. It's been around a long time...and I think it is a super great kids/easy masculine/great girlie birthday set! Very versatile...if you ask me!:)
I paired up this "hot dog" with some fun animal print paper from sassafras...great bold colors for our first birthday of the new year!

I'm going to send more cards again...anyone else just find themselves hoarding what you create!?

I hope you have a great one...thanks a bundle for stopping by!! See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

grandchild #43?!!!!!!! Sheesh, my momma only has 2 grandbabies...mine:)

I love your sassy card...sooooo fun!

Ugh, you should see all the cards I have piling up..just ask my kids!

Regina E said...

oh my sounds like my hubbies family....they are super huge to...and I LOVE IT..I hope i have that many grandchildren..it is a blessing...I THINK...anyhoo fantastic card and I am so with ya girl...I am trying to make all that I make in my crafing world for others...and whatever I make and don't need at the moment will go to the church....so thanks for reminding me how fun this crafting stuff can be especially when you send to those you love....big hugs and that card is HOT DOGGIE CUTE

Tiffany Ervin said...

Cute, cute card and what a great resolution to have with mailing out your cards, I aim to do the same! They just sit in a box for the longest time...I know lots of folks like to donate to their LSS for display in the store. Hope you get back into a good routine soon, I know how hard it is with that new little bundle! Take care!

Kendra said...

OMW! 43 grandchildren???? That is HUGE!!! We have 2 kids ~ the only 2 for my husband's parents and there are 6 on the other side. WOW! I love this card Jen ~ I love that set too!