Friday, January 16, 2009

Shrinky Dink...

I was thinking last night as I was going to bed, 'I wonder where my package of shrinky dink' paper is? I got up and found it today. Stampin' Up! used to carry it in the catalog and I've got clear, white and black sheets to use! I decided to work on my LAD sketch today. I acutally have another card...but it wasn't happening...if you know what I mean. I like this card MUCH better! So, here is my offering on LAD sketch 61. I used one of my favorite of the new release stamp sets, Damask....it is so great looking!! So, I started this card with my shrinky dink. I got my white "paper" out and stamped the leaf image with timber brown stazon. I punched a coule of holes with my 1/4" circle punch and then got out my heat tool! I heated it and just giggled as I watch the image dance around and then finally lay flat and be all done! (My daughter is waiting for me patienly so we can make her some "buttons" to use on her valentine cards....fun! ) You can cook your shrinky dinks, but it is WAY faster to just use a heat tool...careful not to burn you or your paper!! But if you can emboss, you can do this too. So, after it had cooled a little, I added my chocolate chip ribbon and set it aside to await it's turn!

My card is a chocolate chip base, then a layer of baja breeze. I used the damask image again and stamped it in baja breeze in on whisper white cardstock. I attached a strip of 5/8" chocolate chip ribbon, and just fell in love again with these beautiful colors!! They are VERY Jeni! So, next I pulled out my Far East stamps for the Thanks so much sentiment. I stamped it in baja breeze ink. Next I used my nestabilities and Big Shot to cut the white, baja and chocolate rectangles. And now time for the little Damask button to find it's spot! I attached it with dimensionals for a little lift...and there you have it!!

I'm sure that the shrinky dinks will be around for a few days...having lots of fun and getting lots of ideas!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hope you have a great day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

shrinky dinks . . .never realized they could look so classy. hope you had fun making them with your wee one! Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

I've never tried heating it with my heat tool. I never get them quite flat in the oven so I may have to try this. I love the colors on this card and the background is lovely.

Tina said...

Cute and of course you incorporated some great colors!

Anonymous said...

this is so neat. i love playing with shrinky dinks! they are so neat to watch.

Anonymous said...

Jen, love your site! I've been thinking on shrinky dinks lately too! I like the heart charms on a valentine card. Love your freak swap card too by the way! Thanks so much!

wendyp said...

i LOVE it!!!

I dug out the shrinky dink material a few weeks ago and my kids are still having a blast making stuff with it. Theres something fun about watching it shrink.