Monday, January 19, 2009

LAD Sketch

So, I'm "on time" with the LAD sketch this week! Yea! I think this sketch is a super versatile sketch, and one that can be used again and again. Tricia challenged us to use "non traditional" stamps to make this valentine card. I chose to use the Tea Time stamps for the challenge. I wanted to make a few little cards to slip into my kids lunch boxes/etc. starting Feburary 1, so I'm working on little cards. So, my card is a 3x3 square.

My card began with a pretty in pink 3x3 card and a layer of designer paper from the Love You Much bundle. I used my trusty scallop edge punch along the bottom of my designer paper for a fun little border! I stamped the tea cup on pretty in pink paper and again on the designer paper with brunt umber palette ink. I cut the tea cup out of the designer paper and then glued it to the pink paper, so my cup had the same fun pattern as the card. I used my 1 1/4" squre punch(pretty in pink) and my scalloped square(chocolate chip) punches for the little squares. I stamped my sentiment and added 3 little 1/4" circles to the strip and attached it to the card.

Did you mom ever put notes in your lunch box? I know that it will make my little girls day...I'm not sure about my son, but I know for sure Lucy will love the little love notes!!

I hope you have a wonderful day...thanks so much for stopping by!! Oh, and by the time most of you get this...it will be just hours away until the 2009 Sping/Summer Stampin' Up! catalog goes "live"!!! I'm trying SO hard to be patient!!! Have a great one!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so cute. my mom put notes in my lunch box too. and i did the same thing for my girls. now they are too big for a lunch box, so i stick notes in their purses. (stuck to some cash) ;)

Tricia Ulberg said...

CUTE!