Saturday, July 12, 2008

Far East

So, you know there are 3 Birthday Sketches in the Birthday Contest on the LAD site right? Well, I've shown you my cards for #'s 2 and 3, so here is my card for Sketch #1. I think this stamp set, Far East is super duper! I love the images and think they are beautiful! So, here is my take at the challenge.I started with a ww card. Now, I know you might not know what to do, I'm using cameo coral...it's ok, yes, it is me. I am not one to use this color much, but it the paper I wanted to use (retired SU) needed to be coral! Alas, all is well!! (Regina, this one's for you!!). So, a layer of my cameo coral designer paper, and then the close to cocoa layer with the white leaves. I thought it worked well with the stamp I wanted to use! Don't you love things like that!? So, I stamped the branch image with close to cocoa ink. I mounted it on cameo coral and then mounted it on the card. I stamped the "thanks so much" (which i think is on every card i've posted this week!:) in close to cocoa ink, the punched it with my large oval punch. I mounted that on a 1" circle punch of cameo coral, and then the label punch with close to cocoa. I added a few dew drops to my branch and then the finishing touch on this one was the wide chocolate chip ribbon. Did you know that I love that ribbon!? I do!!



Be sure to check out how to be entered to win the entire LAD summer release!! Fun things are coming your way!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a great one! Just Fyi, we're getting our bags packed for a trip to the states for a month. I've got some things scheduled to be posted, but it won't be as often...I'm excited to get my new SU stuff...hopefully I can bust out a few things to share when I open my box of joy!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sketch. You need to ease up on poor, old Cameo Coral . . . it's the perfect addition to your card!

Tricia Ulberg said...

Jeni that card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. The wide chocolate ribbon is popular.

AJ said...

cute card!! I tried to win! but didn't!!!
now I am just going to have to order all the new releases!! love 'em all!!!

Fae said...

Wow, I love your cards Jen, Fabulous inspiration to us all.
Fae x

Catherine said...

love how you added dew drops..so pretty!