Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sketch This

I've been away from my stamping table for a few weeks, and felt the need for a little "inspiration" to help me get back into my stamping groove. I headed to a few sketch blogs, and found several great sketches. Now, I'm usually a sit and go with the card as it comes, I'm not one to make sketches myself, usually. To be really honest, sometimes I find it difficult to work from a sketch! I see great samples and such from sketches, and I go work on one myself, and usually I come away with something that doesn't quite meet the sketch requirements...So sometimes sketches really help me and sometimes not...today was a "not difficult" day. It was really great to have some sketches to go from, and see what happened. I actually even liked the cards! I know the color combo and fun accessories had a lot to do with that as well. But this sketch in particular has a ton of possibilites and could be used any time for any occasion! I went to Sketch This Cards and found I had missed a few weeks of sketches. The sketch I used for these cards was #43. It allows for clean and simple lines...and that is really where I am most comfortable.

I stayed with the same Summer Picnic designer paper, because hello, I am really LOVING that combination of colors! These papers just might force me to jump past the Soft Subtle colors of Spring and speed right ahead to Bold Bright Summer colors! Anyway, I used Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Whisper White cardstock. The flowers on both cards have a couple of the Die Cut Blooms as part of the emblishment. The Blooms are great, you get several sizes, different shaped blooms, and they are die cut from textured cardstock. I'm a bit late on getting any of the textured cardstock, so it's fun to use it on these flowers...and know that I NEED to order more! I'd say the blooms are a lot of fun and well worth trying out! Some of blooms are like the 5 petal punch, so you could totally layer them. Some are similar to the scallop and along with there being die cut blooms, there are some circles in the bunch as well. You know how much I love punches, the die cut blooms are right up there on my list. I wish Stampin' Up! would always carry them in the current catty...that would make me so happy!





Thanks a bundle for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

I so enjoy seeing what you are doing. I like the coordinated sets--today's and the one you did a couple days ago with the scallops. Clean, modern . . . and as you like to say "rockin' the house."

You are an amazing artist!

Anonymous said...

Love both these cards - super job!