Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sad today...

I am sad today, my mom(who came to help me with new baby and such for 2 weeks) had to leave this morning and fly back to the states...I'm so sad! It was so wonderful to have her here helping me. She was a dream...cook, clean, laundry...she wanted me to keep her busy with things to do! She helped me so much...and I already miss her! There are 4 more months before we'll get to see grandma...and yes, I'm counting the days.

But, I did get a chance to have some fun upstairs today! I pulled out some of the new supplies my Mom delivered to me...so fun! I'm so excited about the Occasions Mini! The colors in that thing are delicious!! I'm really loving the Summer Picnic paper! The colors are so fun and happy! I also love the Die Cut Blooms, and the Tart and Tangy stamps! Yes, they all coordinate, and I love that! The colors are very happy and brought a smile to my face. So, here's a look at what I did today.

This first card was inspired by SC 166 on SCS today. I have really been wanting to participate in those great challenges, and am happy that I was able to accomplish one today! I used pumpkin pie, real red, bashful blue and whisper white c/s. I used the summer picnic paper(love!!), and a SAB stamp set, Friendship Blooms. The flowers areFlower Fusion felt flowers...love them! I'm so happy with how they look...a great purchase in my opinion! The flowers were put together with a Rhinestone Brad.



This second card was useing the same paper-but I used Lots of Thoughts, which is also a SAB set. I also just received the new Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, can you say delicious!? I'm so glad I got all the colors! It's a great new product as well! I used scallop scissors to cut my scallop, and I'm so happy that I'm getting better at cutting straight with those things(it only took me 2 tries today!). Also, love the Scallop Cirle Punch, it is so fun!




So, there are two happy cards to help my mood! I'll be back with more tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I understand it's hard to be away from your loved ones. I hope the next few months fly by quickly for you. I love your color choices, these are cute cards. It makes me hope my order comes in the mail today!:)

Kim said...

Great cards. Sorry that your mom left. I remember how hard it was to be on my own after my daughter was born. I even cried when my hubby went to church!! Ruby is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Terrific cards. Glad to see your back in full swing. I look forward to your designs. Let me know how you like the die cut flowers. I haven't tried them yet :)