Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scallops...

As several of you must know, after you have a baby, you need a lot of thank you cards! It is so wonderful to have such great friends and neighbors-even in a far away land we're surrounded with great neighbors! I've had a little time to sit and play upstairs and have really had fun using some of my new stamps! Mom brought them over to me in her suitcase...I was trying to be patient!! I've got a bunch of new product that is just screaming at me, but the great thing about all the new product, is that it isn't going anywhere! I'm really having a wonderful time with Ruby. I am just in 100% heaven. I love holding her...I am really in love with her!! So, the new product will wait until it gets attention, and I'm thankful that it won't change, because my baby is already changing so much! I just am treasuring these weeks of "tiny baby"...she's already thinking she can hold up her head to look around and such...please stay tiny!! Anyway, on to the cards at hand!

I used the scallop punch from stampin up...love it! And with it being Sell-A-Bration, the scallop stamps that match the punch are so fun! (S-A-B lasts until March 17th, so if you need to get your order in for your free stamps...let me know!)
I also used the SAB lots of thoughts stamps on these cards...great set and oh, so versatile! The circle punch that I used was the 1 3/8" punch, it is the perfect size to nest inside the scallop punch...and hey, ordering the scallop punch and the circle punch almost qualify you for a free set...not a bad idea if you don't already have these great tools!

The paper I used on the first two cards has been retired from SU, but they are still some of my favorites and I'm glad I've got some to work with still! The third card is using the paper that is a level 1 hostess "set" in the current catalog. I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm REALLY loving designer papers right now...and I'm using them! Isn't that exciting! Now, for those of you that know me really well, know that I hoard paper like crazy and have a really hard time cutting it up...but that problem is NO MORE! I'm actually really enjoying cutting up my paper and if I used a whole packet of paper...how exciting would that be to need to order more...because I did use it all, not order more because I "might" use it all! Yippy for beautiful paper!




These cards are pretty straight forward--oh, my mom was asking about the 2nd card and the flower/window. Punch your card with the 1 3/8" circle punch, to make your window. Then stamp the scallop flower on a piece of white cardstock. You will want to use the 1 3/8" circle and punch the center of the flower out first, then punch the flower out with the scallop, and you'll get that nice little flower frame for your circle. I then stamped the many thanks stamp on celery and used the 1 3/8" circle again, and put it on the inside of the card, lining it up with the card closed and getting perfect placement! Super easy, and a wonderful use for punches!! I think punches are SUCH a wonderful tool! They are one of the top recommendations I have for beginning stampers...they are so easy to use and have so many uses!!

Ok, Ruby needs her mommy....have a great day!!

1 comment:

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Beautiful cards, I especially like the brown one with the window (I like brown ;-)). I'm just hopping here from lizzie's blog to say congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy! Enjoy!♥