Friday, February 1, 2008

Dreaming...

Ok, we all know that Germany ususally has snow, but as luck would have it, the last two winders have been really mild. Translated, that means we had two snow storms-the end of November and beginning of December (both while my husband was out of the country), and well, no snow since!! Today It looks as though we might get to 50 degrees (that is in my F brain...I don't calculate in C yet!)...what?!! So, here is today's post...dreaming of the snow that would enable my kids to use their snow boots, gloves, snow pants...etc., that we bought! Well, we've used all that stuff I just mentioned, but it was becaue it was so cold, not snow related! But anyway, here is a Lizzie Anne Designs snowman card...



You might note the patterned paper-it is the same paper I used on the cards from Monday's post(thus the scraps for the 3x3 cards). I stamped the Snowmen in basic brown ink and then colored them with sage and c.chip markers(all SU ink). I used some punches scallops and circles (Marvy Uchida)...and some BUTTONS!! I am so happy that I finally busted out the buttons! I've had them for what seems like ages...and I finally used some! I don't know why I have such a hard time using buttons...I love them and buy them-from great ideas I see. But when it comes time for me to use the buttons, they just don't seem to do it for me! So, I'm really happy that the buttons worked for me on this one! I used 3! Isn't that great!?! (Nod you head and say "yes"). I also used wide and narrow grosgrain ribbon from SU.

So while my mom claims, "this is the snow we haven't had in YEARS" and they are busy digging out...I'm dreming of snowme...and ok, I am enjoying the sunshine...even though it is cold.:)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great one! Oh, just FYI. I'll leave the list of stamps for sale on here for one more day, and then I'll post them elsewhere also, I just wanted to give you all first choice at them! Thanks again!!

1 comment:

Cammy404 said...

Jen,
Your work is awesome--thank you for sharing it with us. I hope your expectancy is going well and that you're enjoying every minute of it!! Babies are so precious.
God bless,
Cammy