Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's a beautiful morning!!

You know after a few days of heavy rain....waking up to a clear blue sky...it's so great!! Good morning to you all!! I'm really excited to have some fun things to share again today....so here goes!!

So here is another lovely fairy...isn't she just so cute!! I just love her to pieces!! I really love her facial expression..which consists of two pin-dot eyes! I think she is just cute!! In my mind, all fairies are pink and green, thus my making all the fairies I've done thus far, pink and green! I'm not a wonderful watercolor"er", but I did find that using water color paper makes my watercoloring look much better than regular cardstock! I just used the lid of my ink pad as my palatte and an aquapainter to watercolor with. I think she turned out well...yippy for that one!!


pretty in pink, whisper white, and pixie pink c/s(su), petals and paisley designer paper(su), watercolor paper(misc.), So Swirly Stamps, Fairy and Fairy Saying(Lizzie Anne Designs), Old Olive and basic brown classic ink pads(su), aqua painter(su), two-way glue pen(su), dazzling diamonds glitter(su), light pink organdy(su), rhinestones (misc.), giga scallop circle punch and mega circle punch, scallop scissors(provo craft).

This second card is one using another new>Lizzie Anne Designs Simply Singles stamp called, Birthday Flowers...isn't that fun! I found the color combination on Splitcoaststampers, I really liked this combo...and I don't use Not Quite Navy near enough...so I was excited to get to use it, I really think it's a great color!! So, I used the scallop...again...but this time used the piercing tool to give a little detail. I stamped the Happy Birthday flower stamp in celery on the cardstock first, then cleaned the stamp; used the apricot and turquoise markers to color the flower tops, and stamped them again and cut the individual circles out and used dimensionals to raise the individual fowers up! This is more effort than I can do when mass producing birthday cards like I often do, but it is a fun thing to do! I also put a little crystal effects on the center of each flower, so they are shiny and raised a bit in the centers. I also LOVE the new Sketched Sentiments by Lizzie Anne...hello...they have great sentiments are in such a great fresh font...love them!!



tempting turquoise, not quite navy, apricot appeal, certainly celery, and whisper white c/s(su), tempting turquoise, not quite navy, and certainly celery classic ink pads(su), apricot appeal and tempting turquoise markers(su), scallop circle punch, mega circle punch, Happy Birthday Flowers, Funky Floral, and Sketched Sentiments stamps lizzie anne designs), turquoise ribbon(su), crystal effects(su).

This layout for this last card was taken from Beate's Blog. I always seem to be a bit late at finding her sketches...she does them on the weekends, but my internet connection is always something to be desired....so anyway...it's a fun sketch! I so LOVE this designer paper...I'll really be sad when my supply of it(yes, i've been hoarding it!!) runs out! It is the petals and paisley designer paper from the Stampin' Up! spring mini..and I just love it to pieces!! I also really do LOVE the big blooms stamp set...they are 100% Jen Allen style!! So, here is a happy pink and green card...I really love those colors, can you tell?:) Oh, I was trying to decide how to make my paper look decent being cut this way, I finally decided that using my little cutter tool from stampin' up! would work..and it did!! I love that tool!!



Old Olive, Whisper White, and pretty in pink c/s(su), petals and paisley designer paper(su), big blooms and it's your birthday stamps(su), old olive classic ink(su), cutter tool(su), scallop circle punch and mega circle punch, double circle punch(su), light pink ribbon(su), paper piercing tool(su).

5 comments:

Katie said...

I don't remember where I linked to your blog from, but let me just say, "Your work is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!" Thank you for the amazing ideas and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Wow you were productive! All your cards are gorgeous! I love them.

Melissa said...

These are all beautiful! The first one is my favorite! You photo is awesome too!

Admin said...

I love all three cards, great layouts vibrant colors...who could ask for more!

Susie said...

Wonderful ideas and beautiful stamping. I love all of them.