Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Happy Birthday


Hey there peeps! Hope your week is going well!! I'm happy to have had a few minutes to have a little bit of therapy tonight...it's been a crazy week!! I started with a sketch, as usual!;) Having not been quite as consistent in my creating...sketches help get my mojo going!
 
I loved the sketch this week over at CAS(E) the sketch. 

I pulled out some distress ink, a stencil, and painters tape! I used some delicious "fall" colors...I love the changing of the seasons so much!! I love the yellow, orange and red leaves right outside my window...made my heart happy today!! I trimmed the middle piece, just cut the card front into 3 pieces. I used some black shape'n'tape and then attached the middle portion with foam adhesive. It's really cool looking in real life!! My arrow is from my Studio Calico wood veneer stash, I just used my black copic marker to color it in, and a bit of wink of stella on top! My cute Happy Birthday is from Heidi Swapp, and Oh, I love it!!
 
Have a great one friends!! I'll be back for the Be Inspired Challenge on Friday..


3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Jen! I love it! Great take on the sketch!

Alice said...

love the hexagon background! awesome card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

~amy~ said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! You are totally rockin' the stencils and ink!