Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch Reveal!

Good morning friends! Where did this week go..? Dr. appointments, preparing for our new bundle to join us...trick or treating at Daddy's office, Fall parties at school...it's been a great week!


Today is the 30th, and thus the day to reveal a new Cardabilities Sketch with you! This is sketch #14, isn't it a great one!? I'm excited to share my take on the sketch with you! With tomorrow being Halloween, I thought this saying would be perfect! I must admit that I do LOVE this stamp...so fun! This great stamp is found in the October Monthly Mix, Sweet and Spooky , from LAD. I must admit I LOVE this mix...perhaps my favorite one yet!

I started with a black card, added a layer of pumpkin pie cardstock and then some MM patterened paper. I think the tulle on this card turned out so fun! I used a lighter to burn around the edges--and made some holes in side--didn't it turn out spooky!? I just used the adhesive on the back of the black oval to attach the tulle to the card. I stamped the image and then used smoe distress ink to make the vanilla cardstock a bit more aged. I added a black button on to of a tulle bow and then added an orange spider! Isn't it fun to have a spider that is 3d with the other 2 stamps spiders?! The spiders are also from the Sweet and Spooky stamp set.


Be sure to get over to the Cardabilities Blog to check out the other designs from the design team...I'm sure you'll find a load of inspiration!! Have a great day...and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Eek! Love that orange spider!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card!!!

Mary Fish said...

love the stitching on black and the spider is trés cool! hugs, m

Unknown said...

ahhh this is just so cute!

Holly said...

You had way too much fun with this one. Love your spider web!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Very sweet and spooky - all at once! Love the look and feel of the melted tulle! Awesome!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So cute, love that big, long sentiment! Halloween is always such fun for the kids, that's where I get the most enjoyment, seeing the smiles on their faces!! Tick tock, counting down for you my friend, I am excited and thinking of you!!

anya said...

Oh Jen, I do love this card! The tulle and orange spider are fantastic touches!