Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cardabilites Sketch #9

Good morning friends!! I hope you are doing well!! We are just getting back into the swing of things and getting normal again, after being out of town! Today is another fun reveal day for the Cardabilites Design Team! We're showing our take on Sketch #9 today.
I used the inspiration from my outfit for my color palette today! I love this combo...can't help it! I started with a white card, then followed by a Raspberry Fizz layer of cardstock. My Fizz layer has been polka-dotted with Raspberry Fizz ink and polka dots from the PTI set, Polka Dot Basics II. They are a little hard to see in this photo, but in real life they are much easier to see. I was thinking of what to use for the corner portions of this sketch and thought these great flowers would be a great touch! I used my daisy flower die, from SU, and my big shot to make these fun flowers. I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz cardstock for my flowers.

The center part of my card is Aqua Mist with a Hawaiian Shores twill ribbon ties around. My sentiment is stamped in Raspberry Fizz and is from the Everyday Button Bits stamp set, also from PTI.

Be sure to take a peek at the fun creations that the other DT members came up with!! Take care and have a great one!!

11 comments:

Mary Fish said...

So nice to see your pretty work again. Love those daisies! Hugs, M

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty! Love the way your flowers are on the corners!

Karli said...

Luuuv the color combo for this beauty. The polka dots are a great touch too :) Great take on the sketch! Hugs~

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love those bright colors and fun flowers! Great job on the cardabilities sketch!

Tammy E. said...

Love the colors on this -- the combo is wonderful. And I love the flowers as well. Awesome card.

Tiffany Ervin said...

LOVE all the layering on the florals, so pretty in these colors!

April said...

What an amazing color combo! It looks awesome!
- April

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What an awesome color combination! Love what you did with the sketch and using the flowers!!!

Kristie Larsen said...

I adore these bold colors together. just so cheery and such a clean and bold design as well. lovely lovely job ;)

Char Dobson said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the bright colors. :)

Linda Bandow said...

This is truly a knockout.....love the flowers and the colors! TFS!