Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A bit crafty....

Good afternoon friends! We just got home from a "end of summer" party and have been having a bit of lazy afternoon...and it's so fun! School starts Tuesday and I think we're all set, and doing our best to enjoy these last few lazy days!!

I wanted to pop in today and share a fun couple of projects that I've just finished up. My daugher went to a birthday party today for her friend Daisy...and when we were thinking of a fun gift to purchase for her(she turned 6), I thought about all the toys and things that we have that we don't need more of! So we started thinking of thing we could make for Daisy...and then I had this idea and here is a little name plaque for her room...and she LOVED it!:) That made me really happy to hear!
I have a Silhouettte and am loving it...using it a lot and am really having fun learning how to use it more and more! I painted the wood a nice lavendar color, added some MM paper with Mod Podge-and then was patient for it to dry(that was hard...waiting for the drying kills me!). I used my Silhouette to cut the black "Daisy" and white "princess" and princess crown on the 'y'. After I added my vinyl, i added a couple of little rhinestones, one on top of the 'i' and then the other on the crown. I attached them to the board using their self-adhesive sticky, but then covered the block with another coating of Mod Podge and waited for it to dry. The last touch was a wrapping of white Tulle and Plum Pudding ribbon around the edges of the block.
This block is for my niece, Princess Mary. We used a little different color scheme, Ocean Breeze spray paint but MM paper to cover the board with.


I hope you have a great day!! Thanks a bundle for stopping by! See you soon!!

1 comment:

Regina Easter said...

hi Jeni, wow girl this is the perfect gift....so girlie...love it