Monday, June 14, 2010

life is good...

Happy Monday friends! I hope you had a great weekend! We enjoyed some wonderful weather and took the kids hiking! It was so great...everyone did awesome! Even little Ruby(2) wanted no help the whole way, she is a big girl and can do it all too!! We enjoyed some of the magnificant beauty around us and are so thankful for the great weather!!

The great weather has inspired my card today...I just refilled the load of "Otter Pops" into the freezer, as we're really enjoying them when the sun shines! With just a couple days of school left, I'm ready for some lazy (ha ha ha) days of summer!!
This great image is from the June Monthly Mix "Life is Good" from LAD. I combined some great colors/patterns from a favorite Cosmo Cricket paper pack...great fresh summer colors! I paper pieced the umbrella, the cusion on the lounge chair, and even the beach ball got a bit! I paired the paper up with some Soft Suede(su) and used a SU scallop border punch and vanilla ribbon for some fun details. My flowers are from prima and the brad is from SU. The layout for the card was inspired by the LAD sketch for the week, can you believe I made a card and posted it on the day the challenge came out?! Not normal for me...but it feels good!

Thanks a bundle for stopping by! I hope you have a great one! Tomorrow is a fun LAD Mix Blog Hop, so check back for more fun, and some peeks at the NEW Mix for July! Make it great!!

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Hi Jeni, how ya doing girl...these colors are fantastic...hugs

~amy~ said...

The weather was spectacular, wasn't it?!!!! We did a TON of walking...soooo fun....LOVE your card!!

Kathy Martin said...

So cute! Love your paper pieced beach scene! :)