Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hello!?

Hello friends! How are you all doing!? We're doing better. My "Nurse Mommy" responsibilites have lightened a little, and my daughter is FINALLY feeling some relief. The pain is still there, but she is finally feeling impovement! She has slept all night for two nights now, and even can get out of bed(my bed:)) on her own. I'm feeling such relief that she is finally starting to be herself again. She is wearing her brace 24/7 and that really is making a great difference. We start physical therapy next week...and hopefully will be fully recovered soon!! Thanks for your well wishes...it made her happy to know there were people thinking about her!

So, I feel like last week just flew by, and I didn't get a chance to sit at my desk at all...but I have a card class today at the elementary school and HAD to sit down for a few...it felt so good! This is one of the cards we'll be making today.
The images are from this month's Monthly Mix, "Dream Big". It's full of fantastic images...and we will be using 3 of them on this card today. The background butterflies are so cute...the stamp has 4 of those cute butterfiles on it and I just stamped it over and over again on the curry paper to make a nice subtle background. Then the flower image is stamped in curry (and has butterflies in it...love that!) and the sentient was stamped with Melon Mambo ink. I layered the flower on curry then mambo cardstock and then mounted it on my strip of dsp from SU. I can' remember the name of this paper...but it goes along with the Razzle Dazzle stamp set. I added some fun flowers cut with my Big Shot and embossed with my swiss dots folder. Then the button is from my raspberry fizz(pti) collection.

I used last week's LAD sketch challenge for my layout. I wanted to play along with the sketch for the week, and realized that I totally missed last week's challenge. So, here is my take on last week's sketch. I have a card for this week's sketch that I'll share tomorrow. You can find the sketches here, on the LAD blog.

It felt so good to pick up some paper and stamps today...YEA!! I'll be back...thanks a bundle for stopping by!! Take care and make it great!!

4 comments:

Regina E said...

such a pretty card..so glad to hear your daughter is doing much better...hugs

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful card.. I got my first LAD set this week, FLORAL FRENZY.. woohoo now I need to make some time and use them!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! :)

~amy~ said...

I'm glad that your girl is feeling better...I bet today's great weather helped:)

such a fabulous card...love the colors!!