Thursday, April 15, 2010

Elzybells DT Challenge

Good morning and Happy Thursday! This is my first post for today, but I've got another, so be sure to check out the other post, Cardabilities DT reveal of Sketch #1!

Today is Thursday and it's an "other" Thursday, which means it's time for the Elzybells DT challenge! Today we were challenged to make a single layer card. Embellish as desired, but keep the card only 1 layer. It's been a little while since making a single layer card, and the challenge was great! I kept wanting to add just a little strip of grass...or a little...but I tried hard to keep my layer just a single!:)
I've been enjoying the great images from Elizabeth from the April release! I love, love, love the birdies!! I wanted this card to be bright...and I think with the yellow and orange, it meets that goal!:) My image is called Giant Flower and can be found here. I colored my image with copics, added a few rhinestones from kaisercrafts, and some misc. ribbon from my stash. One thing that I love about clear rhinestones and copic markers is that you can make your rhinestone any color you need it to be....and it stays that color!! YEA for copics and clear rhinestones!!

Oh, the flower, how could I forget!? I have had this collection of flowers for about 4 years...and in my challenge from January 1, to "use what I have" I decided I needed to bust out some of my "vintage"(because they have been around in my stash for SO long...), flowers. I believe they are made by Prima.

The inside of my card is the place I chose for my sentiment, it says, "wishing you a beautiful day", it's called Beautiful Day, and can also be found right here, also a new sentiment from the April release.

I hope you take a few minutes to check out the other DT's cards for the challenge today...I'm sure we're in for a real treat!:) Thanks so much for stopping by!! Take care and see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

June Houck said...

This card is so HAPPY! I love it. So vibrant and pretty...and only a single layer. You rocked this challenge :)