Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Valentines!

Good Friday morning! Yea, it's the weekend! I'm happy for the weekend, but oh my, where did this week go!? I'm glad it's the weekend and that we don't have an major plans...relaxation? We'll see! I'll be stamping, that is for sure! I got a great box of joy from Elzybells...I've got some fun in the making, that's for sure! And I'm expecting secret LAD stuff today...a perfect way to start a weekend!

Speaking of Lizzie Anne Designs! They've got a great release starting today! They've got a new product line, called Sixlets. They are meant to be a step between the Simply Singles stamps and the Little Bits stamp sets. Each Sixlets stamp set has 6 stamps. Sixlets will be packaged the same way the Monthly Mix sets are packaged. There is a PDF file of the cover design that can be downloaded and print for FREE. If you'd like to add a storage case to your order, they are only $1.oo. I can tell you...you're going to LOVE these new stamps!! And for just $2.oo a stamp, they are a great deal! Don't miss the eye candy over on the LAD blog!

I made this card using the LAD sketch challenge for the week. Jos posted a great sketch here, it's #108. I didn't notice that the little "special challenge" was not to use red...until I just posted that link...oops! I think I love this sketch...so fun! Clean and simple...you know that is how I like it!
I used some Natural Vanilla cardstock, Real Red cardstock with my two heart punches from SU, and some DCWV Modern-Retro dsp and a circle punch. The stamp is from the January Mix, "From the Heart". My ribbon was just a misc. piece that I had in the stash.

Hope you have a great weekend! Be sure to check back Monday for some new release stuffs!

4 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Bold colors and so fun that you played with the sketch!! I've never tried black, red, and kraft all in one, will have to give that a try!

PatsyB said...

This is by far the hottest Valentine card I have seen so far!!! And just to put you on guard, I defintely intend to case it for the guys in my Sunday School class!! Thanks for getting me off the hook with this perfect card!!

Deanna said...

Lovin the houndstooth! :)