Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Good morning friends! I hope that you're having a great day! Happy Friday! I can't belive the crazy day we've got today...LOTS of fun, that's for sure! We've got to get costumes ready, one child wears hers to preschool, then home for a few hours to make a chocolate sheet cake for a later party, then off to pick up the brother from school and his party, off to dad's office (Microsoft throws GREAT parties!) to trick or treat and enjoy the fun party there, then off to a party with our church friends and eat the chocolate cake made earlier today....then off to bed on a sugar high and hopefully not too sore tummy's! Well, we'll see how it all goes! But we're excited for a great day today!!

I thought I'd share a fun little treat we made for Ms. Kari, the music teacher. I've seen these little cute "frankie" boxes all over, and thought it would be a perfect not too spooky but fun way to present a little "yummy in your tummy" treat! When I saw the pink M&Ms at the store--PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness, I was happy to purchase a few bags and donate more to the cause of looking for a cure...and then let's be honest, who can pass up PINK (two delightful shades I might add) M&Ms?!
So, I started with my Fancy Favor Die. It is a SU exlusive die and is awesome. I cut it out with my Big Shot in Old Olive cardstock. I cut two top note dies, also a SU exclusive die, and also in Old Olive. I cut the bottom off the top note, so she would sit flat on the surface place upon.

For her dainty face, I used my 1" circle punch to make the two whites of her eyes, and Olive eye lids, which I just cut one punch in half for. I used my 3/4" circle punch for the two blacks of her eyes. I used my round tab punch and then cut it in half for her cute nose. I just drew her mouth with a fine tip black marker. For this great pink head of hair, I just cut another Top Note out of Pink Passion cardstock and then cut it in a crazy way to give her a fun fringe! I added a little bow, black 1/4" grosgrain and black/white gingham with a fun little pink button for some fun texture!I added her hair bow with a mini glue dot.

After I made her all up, I attached her face top note to one side of the fancy favor box. I added another olive top note to the back side of the box, so she is super cute!! We added a bit of black paper "mix" and then put the cello bag of M&Ms into the box. I added a quick little tag to the gingham ribbon bow. I just stamped the "yummy" stamp from the retired Yummy stamp set, with Pink Passion ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then used my large oval punch to punch it out. I layered it onto a black scalloped oval and then onto a Pink Passion wide oval.

This little friend came together quick and is so cute! Ms. Kari really enjoyed her...and that is what our aim was! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day, make it great and have SO much fun this weekend!!:) We'll be sporting a nice tiny Piglet, a beautiful Garden Fairy and a very serious Commander Cody(from Star Wars Clone Wars) this weekend...fun, fun, fun!!

11 comments:

Mary J said...

What a fun little guy! Really cute!

Lisa Brown said...

This is precious,Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Gotta be honest - I never saw Frank turned into Francine - love the pink hair and the bow - made me laugh!

Deanna said...

Oh the cuteness!

Nancy L. said...

its super cute!!! love the bow on it ;)

Ann Schach said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the colors, and the bow! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO cute. I LOVE The pink hair and bow. SO cute!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love that die you used and super cute looking treat bag! The pink M & M's should be the rave, what pretty colors and I hope by now, all your tummies have settled from your busy day! Goodness! ;)

Angie Tieman said...

How cute! I love the pink, girly version!!

Kathlene said...

So cute and what a great idea to transform Frank into Frankette. :)
TFS!

Margaret Moody said...

This is too cute! Love the pink hair!