Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Good Morning Friends! I am so happy today! Today is a special marker for my mom, she is 70 years old today! I've flown in to surprise her with my two sisters that live in Florida and Texas. We've been keeping secrets from my mom, and are planning so much fun! She'll read this and giggle as she will already know we've arrived for her special day! I love surprises!
This card is one that we made at a my last card class. Everyone had a great time with it, and using the very versatile Sincere Salutations it could be a card for any occasion! So, here goes the scoop.

We started out with a white card, and a soft suede layer on the card. Next we used melon mambo, crushed curry, and rich razzleberry cardstock and ink. We stamped the corresponding ink onto cardstock with the Circle Circus stamp set. We used the corner rounder on each of the corners of the colored cardstock.

We ran the Melon Mambo cardstock through the Big Shot with a swiss dots embossing folder and then used the Blossom Party Original die and the Big Shot to cut the fun flowers--they all layer so nicely!

I hope you all have a great one today! I'm so excited for what today has in store!!

2 comments:

Beate said...

Gorgeous card. So fresh and fun!
Love the whole look of your blog. It's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Helen F. said...

Love the card! Hope your Mom has a GREAT 70th Birthday~I'm sure you and and your sisters with make it memorable!