Friday, May 22, 2009

Sketch 229

Hello Friends! I hope you are all doing well! Today the weather is perfect! Not a cloud in the sky! Don't you love days like that!? I'm especially thankful, we moved back to Seattle to enjoy the wetest month of May in about 60 years!:) But the rain sure does make for a beautiful place to live! So, I'm welcoming the blue sky!

I was happy to get a chance to playalong with the SCS sketch challenge this week. Here is my sample for SC229. It is a great sketch and very easy to play along with!
I recently found this great paper by KI memories. I simply LOVE Amy Butler paper! I'm quite a sucker for it! It looks awesome and feels just as delightful! I love the combinations of color, prints etc., so here are some fun papers to share!

I started with my patterend paper today. After making the decision about what cardstock I had to coordinate with, I was set. With the sketch in hand, this card came together very quickly. My patterned paper was cut and attached to my Kiwi Kiss card.

I stamped the beautiful bird from the "Always" stamp set in basic gray ink-onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I used my stamj to line up my sentiment just right, it from the Sweet Little Sentiments hostess stamp set. I stamed my sentiment with Kiwi Kiss ink. I mounted my bird image on some Basic Gray cardstock and then again on Pink Pirouette. The image was then mounted on my card with dimensionals.

I used my boho flower and 3/4" circle punchs to make me some fun little additions. I love the Kiwi Kiss buttons...they are so delicious! I used one right on top of my largest flower. The other flowers were just mounted on a contrasting circle punch.

I'm really excited to get myself all moved in...we're down to days...YEA!! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you make it wonderful!:)

3 comments:

Caryl P said...

Love the flower behind the button, so fun!

Dawn Easton said...

Hi there!!! I'm playing catch up again this week...lol

Those papers certainly are pretty!!!

Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

Mary Fish said...

Oh, yes. The paper really makes this card. Delightful with the bird and button accent! Hugs, Mary