Monday, February 16, 2009

OCC Sketch

I am so happy for this Monday...everyone is healthy!! I'm hoping to get a few projects finished up this week...I've missed my paper and stamps! I'm not alone in that am I? Anyway, hope you are all doing well! I got an email from the OCC blog that had this fun sketch to try, so I thought I'd take a few minutes and get aquainted with my paper and such again! I LOVE this raspberry tart paper...it is DELICIOUS! Each design is great...if you don't have it yet, yes, you do need it!
I did something that I am so proud of me for...I used pearles from my pretties kit! I've used the flowers before(and this one if also from the pretties kit) but I'm SO happy to have finally busted out the pearls! It felt really good, and I'm really getting better and using what I have...no more hoarding here!:)

So, I started with a Kiwi Kiss Card. I layerd two pieces of Raspberry Tart paper for the background. I wrapped the card with a piece of kiwi kiss ribbon, just taped it down-no bows or knots today! I cut a piece of rose red cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with my swiss dots embossing folder(patiently waiting for my new textures from SU!...patiently of course!!) and then mounted that on white cardstock. Then attached that to my card with dimensionals. I used my 1 3/4 and 1 3/8" circle punches with a couple pieces of Raspberry tart paper...attached them to my card and then added a couple of white flowers and a flat bottom pearl from my pretties kit! For the sentiment, I wanted to use the oval punches...but the rub-on from the chit chat rubons was too long, so I just cut it where I wanted and then rubbed it on! I'm really loving rub-ons right now...and they too are no longer being hoarded. The last detail was adding a couple of small flat bottom pearls...three pearls down and a bunch to go!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Love this, Jeni! It is gorgeous! Good for you for using those pearls! Glad everyone is feeling better!

joslyn said...

this is cute. love the pearls, yea for no hoarding.

Lynda Benden said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love those colors ~ so beautiful!!! I still haven't bought that paper and now, I will have to!!! Thank you for the inspiration!