Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some fun...

Hey all! Hope you are all doing well this "Visit from St. Nikolaus" Eve! My kids have cleaned up their boots and are getting ready to leave them out for hopes of having a little something left inside! Yea! I have to say that living in Germany during the holiday season is SO much fun! It's great all year round--BUT Chirstmas time is really magical here! It's wonderful to learn so many wonderful new traditions that I'm sure will stay with us for always and forever! Anyway, just a tid bit!

These little bookmarks--jumbo paperclips--sold really well at the Christmas Market. I had a lot of moms saying that their daughters that love to read would really love them! "Oh, what a great stocking stuffer!" I agree, and yes, I now have a great bookmark in my book! No more magazine inserts or receipts for me!:)
I had some die cut flowers that I attached patterned paper to, used Scotch quick dry adhesive, and sandwiched the paper on either side of the paper clip. The paper clip-I've had a collection of them in my little drawer for quite some time. I found them at Wal-mart I believe. They come in boxes of 12 I think. Super fun bookmark! The colored flowers are from my collection, primas, calypso....just a bunch of great flowers! I did also do some of my new die cut--flower layers--for my big shot. They were done with some GREAT SEI paper, and because I didn't use chipboard on those, i just attached the papers(which is almost cardstock) together with dimensionals. Anyway, fun little giftie!
These little covered notebooks were another of the "great stocking stuffer" items. They are little notebooks, about a 4x6 size. I just cut a piece of c/s in half, ran scor-tape across the edges of the notebooks covers, and attached the cardstock. I then made a couple of layers, chocolate chip cardstock, then some designer paper, and the cute little princess from LAD. I colored her with my SU markers, then glitified her with dazzling diamonds! The oval punches from marvy uchida helped with the white oval and the scalloped oval the princess is on. These little "queens" were a hit! Everyone loved them...what's not to love about glitter!? I did make some boy notebooks too...with a super hero....they'll come tomorrow!:)

Hope you are all doing well! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Enjoy this December!

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

Hmmm...I wonder if one of those bookmarks would make it into TBA's suitcase for his trip out here...hmmm. ;)