Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sketches

You know, I've really started to love using sketches when I sit down for a stampin' session. I am not one to "follow" sketches usually, but I've really started to love using them!! I have started using a bunch of them for my scrappin' and I've loved the results!! So, I'm into sketches lately. I got the sketch for this first card from poetic artistry. Julie does a mojo sketch every monday and here is my attempt at this weeks sketch!
I started with a soft sky card. The striped paper is making memories noteworthy. I cut a strip of old olive and then give it a scallop with some scissors and attached it to the card. I tied it up with a chocoalte chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. A so safron "hi there" from fundamental phrases and stamped in old olive ink, given it's shape from my word window punch. So, then I moved on to my main attraction. I stamped the flowers from simply said stamp set in burnt umber palatte ink. I used my aqua painter to dab in the lid of my soft sky ink to give me soft sky flowers and whispy old olive stems. I mounted the flowers on chocolate chip, so saffron, and then gave them a little scallop with my corner rounder. The bling is from making memories.
This next card is make with some of my new lizzie anne stamps. The sneak peek for the new release stars soon...you don't want to miss it!! I used Le Jardin for the flower and the thanks comes from the Far East set. Ok, I stared this card with Brithday Sketch #3 in mind. I began with a white card base. The Polka Dot paper I can't find the name of, but when I do I'll let you know. I cut a strip of old olive and using some scissors gave it a scallop, mounted it to the underneath of the polka-dot paper and mounted it on my card. I stamped the flower in black ink, and colored with SU markers, real red and old olive. I grabbed my coluzzle and cut the oval shape just the size I needed. I inked the "thanks" with a my basic black marker, and using my stamp-a-ma-jig, placed it in just the right spot on my oval. **I omitted the "so much" from the stamp by just coloring the "Thanks" with my marker** I used a little old olive to add a little swirlie under the thanks. I pulled out my coluzzle again, and cut the old olive oval just bigger than my white layer. Now come the old olive brads. The card got some love from the wide grosgrain old olive ribbon, I mounted the ovals with dimensionals, and finished product! I am really happy with how it turned out!!

I hope you all have a super duper day!! I'm working on getting our bags packed for our trip to the states...we leave Sunday morning and we are SO exited!! I'll be in and out the next few weeks, but I'm trying to get some posts ready so I won't be missing for the whole time I'm gone!!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

I am really happy with how it turned out!!
Guess what? Suprise suprise ~ me too!! :D

GO Gray's said...

I love the top one with the little jewels!!! Haven't busted out the stampin up stuff yet!!!! But when I do I'll let you know.

Bethany Paull said...

Jen, your Le Jardin card is gorgeous. I love how you jazzed up the flower with olive brads.

Anonymous said...

I love sketches! I think your Mojo card is fabulous. Simply Said is a set I had to have but rarely use. I think your card is gorgeous. I love the colors in your 2nd card. The polka dot paper is gorgeous.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards. Love the bling on your mojo card. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

joslyn said...

lovin the le jardin card. so so great. colors and layout are fab.