Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Soft Sky

You all must know by know how I feel about Soft Sky...I love it!! I think it is really one of the most "me" colors that Stampin' Up! has offered. Since they started the "In Colors" I've really loved the "cool blues" and wow...Soft Sky is just 100% LOVE! I'm really going to miss it when it retires, so I'm going to try to keep using it up! Yes, I will stock up on a few "extra" packs of paper before it is gone...it's just such a versatile color! It really can go with just about any color and really rock! Anyway...I love it! I also really love the Prints Designer Series Paper packs! I'm suddenly finally able to cut into all the beautiful paper I am hoarding...and I just love it!! Yes, I'll get a couple of this soft sky designer paper too!!:)
For the card, a soft sky card base. Strips of prints designer series paper in close to cocoa and soft sky, 5/8" chocoalate chip grosgrain, chocolate chip classic ink (all SU), and thank you very much stamp (hero arts). I used the paper pirecing template (SU) for my little row of "detail" above the cocoa. I used the corner rounder punch (SU) on a piece of chocolate chip cardstock to create my scallop edge. I'm really liking the size of the scallop with that punch. I am so happy that scallops are so "in"! I love them and think they really do jazz up a card! (My friend Mary Fish has been using the word "Jazz" lately and it now just describes that little extra 'pa-zaz'! Thanks M!)

I think this card could have a million and one sentiments attached...I think I might use it to fill an order I just received...it would be a great birthday card...mother's day card...you name it!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a "soft" spot for sky, too. It looks totally "jazzed" (appreciate the link . . . you're funny) with the browns! What a classy and clean layout. Hugs . . . M

Jenn D said...

This is fabulous!