Saturday, December 15, 2007

Scrapbook Diva Challenge

Now, I'd in NO way consider myself a "Diva" but the Lizzie Anne Design team was asked to participate in the "Scrapbook Diva Challenge" on SCS yesterday. I thought and thought and then thought that it would be a great reason to try my hand at some fun! I've been away from "scrappin" for awhile, mostly because it started to feel like a chore and wasn't "fun"...and it's supposed to be a hobby and be FUN! So, the fire in me is starting again...and I'm so happy with the layout that I got finished for the challenge!!

This is my son with Santa last year. He was SO excited see Santa (He was finially
not afraid of him) and tell him what a good boy he had been. And he is really such a fantastic child!! He is so much fun to be around and is a great brother, helper, etc. Anyway, I love this photo and wanted to get it ready to put in his book. I challenged everyone in the diva challenge to keep it simple, paper, ink, stamps, minor embelishing...just focusing on the photo. I also had my son write on the layout...which he was SO excited to do!! He loved being "part" of this and I think that after watching his excitement about that, I'll have to have him help me with his pages more often!! Now, that he is learning to write and such, I just love how his handwriting looks!! Anyway, just wanted to share!




Supplies: Kraft, Chocolate chip, real red, and almost artichoke c/s(su), Chocolate chip, real red, and artichoke classic ink(su), Holiday Cheer Stamps (LAD), paper punches(mu), photo corner punch(su), large brads(ac).

Oh, and let me tell you all how much I LOVE my ...Stamp-a-ma-jig!!! I've been using it NON-STOP this past month or so...with the projects I've been working on...it has really made them so much easier!! If you have one, get it out and use it!!! I really am turning into one of those stampers that is having a hard time stamping w/o it!! The more you use it, the easier it becomes to use. On Kristina's blog, she made a great video to help you figure out how to use it, check it out here and USE it!! It really makes such a difference! I followed her advice and used some vellum cardstock and made a few sheets to keep a few of the sets I for sure need my "ma-jig" with, and let me tell you...for all in the family, it is SUCH a dream!! I'm working on a Christmas gift using that set( I can't wait to post it and share it..but not until after Christmas!!), but that tip alone saved me hours of work!! Anyway, I love my stamp-a-ma-jig and hope to encourage all of you that have them to USE them and use them well!:)

Have a great stampin' day!!! And a wonderful Christmas Season!!!

2 comments:

Kristina Werner said...

I'm so glad my video helped! :)

BTW, I have your new "illegal" stapler (hee hee!) and want to send it to you. Could you email your address (which is so far away... {sobbing})? I'll mail it out as soon as I can.

:)

Dawn Zorer said...

Hi Jen, Tell me this picture was taken at True Value Duvall last year, Rachel has a picture with this Santa, he was amazing. I think of you offen. I hope you guys have the best Christmas ever. we miss you.
Love,
Dawn