Thursday, October 18, 2007

trick or treats

So, I want to share the little "trick or treats" we made to distribute at a Halloween party we had at church. I made 30 of these little "baskets" and they were a hit! They didn't take all that much time, and everyone thought they were a lot of fun! My daughter (3 yrs old) was just dying to give them away...and to finally have permission to carry one around! I found the tutorial for them here on Nichole Heady's Blog. I thought they looked like a lot of fun! I started saving papertowel and tp rolls, and had just enough! My tp rolls are smaller than the ones in the states, so i just cut mine in half. The baskets are 2" tall. As far as the supplies I used, I just used some of last years Halloween paper from SU, and cut it in 2"x6" segments for the outside. For the lining the insides, I cut the strips 2"x5.5". I used my atg gun to adhere the paper to the rolls, and had no problems with them coming undone at all. I scotch super tacky adhesive to glue the roll to the scallop punch, making the bottom of the basket. I love the crop-a-dile, used it for holes for brads and ribbon, attaching the handle of the basket. One of my favorite things were the eye balls-they didn't really fit into the basket, so I used a couple of mini-glue dots and just glued them to the other candy, so they were just kind of "sticking" there...a fun effect!! Anyway, I think this tutorial is great and there are endless possibilities for these little goodie baskets! Now, I'm saving a few more rolls so I can make them for my son's school class.






Supplies: Black, vintage violet(retried), old olive and pumpkin pie c/s(su), halloween paper (su), pumpkin pie classic ink (su), Trick or Treat Stamp (LAD), marvy uchida scallop punch, circle punch(ek), crop-a-dile (su), brads (su), ribbon (misc.), dimensionals(su), and mini glue dots(su).

1 comment:

AJ said...

very cute! love the little treat baskets!!