Monday, June 11, 2007

Chipboard

I have had such a hard time getting online this past week...it is SO frustrating!Anyway, for right now I am online...YIPPY for that!!! I wanted to share a little something I made for my sweet 2.5 yr. old daughter. I saw a challenge onSCS, it was thursday...Ways to Use it #116. Anyway, the challenge was to use chipboard, so I pulled out my "On Board Chipboard" that I purchased last JULY and have only used a few times...You know I have a problem hoarding...I'm really trying though!! So this was a fun challenge for me!




My daughter loves to count, but she doesn't count in order, so I decided to make her a little numbers book... I let her pick some paper that she liked, she loves to sit with me when I stamp or do anything for that matter!! I used designer paper from the holiday mini? I can't remember what it is called, but it has valentine stuffs on it...and I do love it!! Anyway, I covered the cirlce tags with paper, and used the stampin' up anywhere glue stick for my adhesive. I learned at the SLC regionals, that in covering the "on board" journals that are in the current SU catalog, they tested all sorts of different adhesives, and found that the glue stick from the catalog worked best..isn't that awesome!! It really works well, I have to say--and they are super inexpensive!! How great is that!? I also used my new Crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the bigger eyelets...that tool is SUPER cool!! I'm hoping to make a few more projects with it in the coming weeks!! So, stay tuned! I also used the American Crafts rub-ons...love those...they are called Mini Marks.

Oh, and a great story about American Crafts and their superior customer service!! I had purchased several sets of the mini marks rub-ons a couple of months ago. One day while I was using them I discovered that a few of the letters didn't rub off at all....and I live in Germany, they aren't easy to come by here!:) So, I emailed them, I just looked online and got an email to contact them. I had a response like 3 hours later, they said I must have had a defective package, asked for my address and the product #. Well, they sent them in the mail the next day...and when I got the package, they included 2 sets! Now, I know it isn't much for them to do that, but I am such a huge fan of customer service...and theirs ROCKS!!! I just had to share!!

So back to my book, I used the tall tales alphabet numbers for the little numbers in her book, and the big flower from big pieces on each page. On each page, there is a number, then that many flowers...it's only 1-10, but she did just what I wanted her to do when I gave it to her..."Oh Mom! I love it!" She is my biggest fan!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!!

Designer paper(su), on board chipboard(su), ww cardstock(su) for pages, mini marks(AC), flower(Heidi Swapp), Big Brad(paper studio), Crop-a-dile(we r memory makers), ribbon(may arts), large eyelets(AC), Tall Tales Number and Big Pieces Stamps(su), Regal rose, pretty in pink, and chocoalte chip classic ink(su),glue dots(su).

2 comments:

June Houck said...

That book is so sweet. I made a little book several months ago too (not as cute as yours) about the steps to take to use the potty. My daughter fixates on flushing the potty over and over, and gets a little OCD on the handwashing (better than not washing, I suppose!) My story included flushing only once...

Jeanelle said...

Boni and I have made a pact to try chipboard. I don't know why I'm scared of it! Thanks for using Tall Tales. Oh how I love that set! This book turned out darling - no wonder Lucy loved it so much!