Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hello my friend

Good morning!! I'm excited to be playing along with the PTI blog hop today!! I saw the inspriation photo and was super excited to play along!!!

Isn't this photo just beautiful! It was a great starting point for some inspiration!!

And, here is the card I made. I used some of my favorites...Rosie Posie!! I started with the center stage cover plate. I cut it out of some cardstock and used it as a stencil with my Enchanted Evening ink. I used the largest of the doily dies to create a vellum layer right over the stenciled background. Then I cut and stamped images from the Rosie Posie set, and used Rosie Posie 2 for the details. I used Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz inks on my flowers. I used my MISTI to help me get the details in the right spot on my flowers and it made my heart SO happy!! I used a couple of springs of leaves from the Turning a new Leaf die--I think that is the only leaf die I used 98% of the time I need green for my flowers!!;) My sentiment came from Sketched Shapes..and I cut the ends of my strip into little fish tails on both ends before nesting it into the bouquet! My last touch was a little scattering of clear sequins...

I am excited to get a few minutes to take a peek at all the beautiful cards along the hop today!! If you missed the new Retro Sketch post, you can see that here!! Take care and thanks a bundle for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my, Oh my!! This is spectacular and totally on cue with that inspiration photo - super pretty!! Love those navy stripes and the gorgeous color of those blooms and then those green leafy tendrils added in!! Totally in AWE of this beautiful card!!

June K said...

Jen, I love your card. Sos pretty.

Joyously Noelle said...

Very lovely card that captures the photo beautifully!

Polly Lemire said...

Isn't that Misti great? Lovely card!

Tracy said...

has all my favorites - stripes, pretty blooms and some vellum - just lovely

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Beautiful Card, love the stripe background with your pink bouquet!

Sara Mac said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love that you used the cover plate as a stencil. Your inking is perfect.

PiecesbyEmily said...

Beautiful. I love that you use all my favorite stamps and die in one card.

Joyce said...

This is just lovely. Great way to use the Center stage cover plate as well. I didn't think of the stencil. Beautiful grouping of flowers for your focal point.

Donna Phelan said...

FANTASTIC! Rosie Posie was a perfect choice! Stunning!

Cindy H. said...

This is such a striking card! Lovely!

Lindsey said...

Jeni, this is gorgeous! I'm so thrilled you were highlighted in PTI's newsletter. Congrats!