Saturday, February 28, 2015

Just for you!


Happy Saturday!! It's a BEAUTIFUL sunny day today--and it's time for a new Retro Sketch! This weeks sketch is based on a great card from Erin. Here is the sketch....
And, here is my card!

I used some of my favorite flower stamps of all time--from Altenew. I stamped them in black versafine ink, then clear embossed them. Then, I water colored!! I used my circle dies to create a fun gold frame...love me some gold cardstock!! My label love--also from Altenew-was also inked with black versafine and clear embossed. My polka dots were done with a stencil and some black soot distress ink.

Hope you have a lovely day in your neck of the woods!! I can't wait to see what you come up with and hope you get a chance to link up with us at Retro Sketches this week!!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You did an amazing job with this sketch. I adore these flowers, too...now I just need to actually add them to my stash. :)

Annette Allen said...

yay for polka dots and pretty flowers.. love this

Taunya Butler said...

Your card is amazingly gorgeous and those flowers are simply bursting with vibrance and stunning color!! You met the sketch SPOT ON!! Love your work and I love that you found me - thanks for trying so hard - I really appreciate you coming by my blog!! Have a fantastic day!!!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Jeni,

I loooove my Versafine ink, nothing seems to get images as crisp. I too like to watercolour as the colour is exceptional. Your flowers fairly leap out and bring a bright springtime freshness to your card. Wow!