Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy Birthday!





Yea, it's Saturday!! That means that my husband is home after being gone to Finland and Dubai this week...we are SO happy to have him home! My kids were rockstars while he was gone, but seriously, happy days are here again!!

So, today is a fun new Retro Sketch kind of day!! So the sketch this week is based on this card of mine actually, from a ways back!:) It's funny, I saw this week on Pinterest that someone has pinned this particular card, made me smile! Then, Arielle gave us the sketch and I smiled again!:) So, here is the sketch for the week, #136.

And here is my new take on the card! I have said before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the future, I wish I was a bit better in the way of photography;)! Cloudy days don't help me much either!! But, here is my card!!

 I used my hexagon cover plate from PTI to emboss the front panel...I love that look! It's been a while since I've done that and I just love it!! The, I added a few turquoise hexagons-that had been cut from a turquoise paper. My floral tag is from an Amy Tan paper pack, as is the polka dot strip. I used my PTI Wet Paint "happy" die, and cut it out of black. I colored it with my wink of stella pin and then covered it with glossy accents, and on my word!!! I love that look. In real life the sparkle is fantastic!!! The birthday came from the Phrase Play #5. I added a few sequins...the little pink ones are from PPP.

Yes, a serious influx of birthday cards. I am making cards for the faculty at the elementary, and I'm working on getting a slew of them finished up...so you will continue to see a bunch of birthday cards the next couple of weeks!:) 

I hope you will get a chance to play along with us over at Retro Sketches this week!! 

Take care and thanks a bundle for stopping by!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card and yay for having hubby home!!

Becky Selecman said...

Cute card. I just bought that die and am looking forward to playing with it. I don't know what your husband does for a living - but I want his job! Such interesting places to travel. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your retake, that tag is so pretty in that paper--love your first card too!! Ii can totally relate to a hubby being away, this past year my husband has been away more than he has been home. It is tough, so thankful my kids are older.