Monday, September 26, 2011

Just a little somethin'...

So, I've been having a hard time this week....I'm still in a lot of pain (are you aware of the fact that your lower back is involved in EVERYTHING you do!), but am feeling improvement at times! I was sitting on the couch doing the ice/heat bit and thought 'well at least I could be doing something while I sit here!' I had seen this fun little idea a few days ago and my brain got to thinking! I went through my Halloween paper/embellishments and found everything I needed...isn't that the best feeling!? Following in my 2011 goal, "use what I have!"!! I found that I'd picked up fun stickers/rubons and they were just waiting to be used!!

So, here is one of two parts of my Halloween bouquet! I've had these jack-o-lantern cubes for years and I'm so happy that they finally have found their purpose!
And this is the second part of my bouquet! Each little "lolly" is different and has it's own special little place in the pot! Just about all of my supplies are from American Crafts--a couple pices of polka dot paper from Bo Bunny and a few randoms, but the bulk of it all is from American Crafts.

I put each "lolly" onto a bambo skewer. I painted them black and then swirrled them up with little strip of orange vinyl. I put them in a little piece of styrofoam...and then added a bit of orange basket filler! (or easter grass say my peeps!) I did back most of the sticker/rubons with a circle or oval of cardstock too...then tied everyone with some fun ribbon! Here are a few of them up close...







I must admit, this making me a super fun home decor item made me REALLY happy! It came together so fast and easy--thanks so much AC for the coordinating products that I love! I hope you enjoy it too! Hey, you've got all you need laying around your house to make one of these up...I'd love to see it!



Take care and thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

ugh, sorry to hear that your back is hurtin'...you poor girl!!!!

love your halloween bouquet...way to rock the halloween goodness!

Kathy Martin said...

Super cute Halloween bouquet! Hope your back is feeling much better!

Annette Allen said...

very cute and fun idea...