Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When Witches Go Riding...

Happy Tuesday morning friends! I hope you are doing swell!! Is the weather offically "Fall" in your part of the world!? We've had a great starting to the season, rain, rain, and more rain! Perfect for some soup in the crockpot, warm bread from the oven and a football game or two! I sincerely love Fall and all that comes along with it....crisp apples...oh my!!

Anyway, I've also got something for Halloween decor. I'm not sure why the decorations make me so happy, but they certainly do! I've just finished showering our home with festive spooky and fall themed decor...and it makes me HAPPY! I think that is why you're going to see almost a complete week's worth of Halloween projects this week! Hope to get you in the festive mood too!
This card was based on the Clean and Simple FTL 109 sketch this week. I loved the sketch and was excited to use these fun spider images! Now, in real life I do not like spiders, kill them whenever I can(sorry for the gore!) but for some reason they made me really happy on this card! The image is from the October Mix "Sweet and Spooky" which you have heard me say over and over is a WONDERFUL mix of images/sentiments! I stamped the spider several times on some vanilla cardstock then used some distress ink and a sponge to make it look a bit aged! I used pumpkin pie and black cardstocks, and my patterned paper is from Making Memories.

For the scallop on the side of the spider panel, I just punched severl circles and then attached them so they were a bit uneven and not uniform. I think that little bit adds a fun punch to the simplicity and spooky factor of the card! The sentiment is also from Sweet and Spooky...what a fun sentiment, don't you think!?

I hope you have a great day, thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to make it a great one!!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a fun card!!! Hasn't the weather been odd and way to muggy?

Kate said...

I am so into Halloween this year! This card is so great.

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a cute Halloween card!!!

Allison said...

Fabulous halloween card! Love the colours and design!