Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cool Birthday

Hey friends. I hope you've had a great Tuesday! We've had basketball camp, dentist visits and a lot of playing!! I've had some time to step away from the fun and get a little work done! We've got a load of birthday mail to get out tomorrow for early July birthday's so here goes one of a few birthday cards to share!

I went to one of my all time favorite sets from LAD, Little Monsters. I love that I can use this little girlie monster for feminine cards and the other monsters can be for more masculine cards. I love the fun sentiment...just a fun set all around!
I paired my little monstress with some Basic Grey "Green at Heart" paper. I love the colors and think it's a fun girlie card! I colored her in with copics then added some Ripe Avocado grass, punched with my MS grass punch. I added a Rapsberry Fizz ribbon and called it good!

Before I end this post, I wanted to bring your attention to a wonderful cause. Jennifer McGuire and a few other fantastic girls are have been doing a card drive for seriously ill children--it's called Cards for Kids. I've been participating in the drive for about 6 months, and find so much happiness sharing a little bit of joy in the mailbox of these sick kids! My students in my card classes have been making and writing notes and it makes them SO happy to share...so my plea is for those of you that might have a "few" extra cards hanging around your desk, please take a moment and send a little happy note to brighten up a wonderful child's day!!

You can get all the information about the drive here, please take a second!! Today I learned about a little girl named Grace that just lost her twin sister to a 2 year battle with cancer. Jennifer has agreed to accept cards for Grace (who is healthy and just hurting from losing her sister), through the end of July. I'll be getting a load of cards in the mail soon, but wanted to share this just in case anyone reading this feels inclined to be involved!! My kids love the feeling of making something special for these kids...and just wanted to share the love!!

I hope you have a great night...and be sure to stop by tomorrow, it is the 30th which means the Cardabilities DT will have another revealing of the next sketch! It will be a great one...toodles for now!!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

love that little monster Jen, can't wait to see your design on Cardabilities tomorrow! hugs xo