Monday, February 8, 2010

You are a blessing to me!

Evening friends! I hope that you have all had a great Monday. Is that possible? Can Monday's be great!? Mine was fine, not super great, but not bad either...I guess it was "just another manic monday"...as my friend Cyndi Lauper would say!

I wanted to take part in the PTI challenge that Nichole posted yesterday. She gave us the sketch and then colors according to what my last name started with. My color palette was Kraft, Lemon Tart(which I switched for So Saffron), Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, and Ocean Tides. I enjoyed the challenge of using all those colors and that specific sketch. So, here is my card!
My card base is Kraft. I used my beloved Corner Chomper to chomp all 4 corners. My next layer is So Saffron c/s stamped with Polka Dots from the Polka Dots 2 stamp set, with So Saffron ink. My next layer, Vanilla c/s stamped with polkas from Polka Dots 2 also, in Spring Moss ink. I added my sentiment, from Dawn's Signiture Greetings with Ocean Tides ink. My Ocean Tides layer was scalloped with my SU scallop edge punch and a hole was added to each scallop with my Crop-a-dile. I stamped some tiny polkas with Ocean Tides ink and then attached it to my vanilla layer.

I used a strip of scor-tape to attach my So Saffron ribbon. I've been asked about how I do this ribbon treatment...I lay a strip of sticky strip or scor-tape down, lay the left side of the ribbon down and then "fold" or ruffle the ribbon into small folds. I go across the card and then cut the ribbon once I've got the ribbon all just like I like it. I use mini glue dots to help keep the folds laying down. I hope that makes sense...let me know if you'd like more clarification.

The last part of my card came by way of my daughter saying, "Mom, that card needs something else..."so my brain started working on what that little something was. I've been enjoying these little scallop flowers that are starting to pop up everywhere-we even made them as a make-n-take at CHA! It was fun to see Wendly Smedly at CHA and chat with her, as it was her blog eveyone linked back to...she saw mine on my name tag and we had a fun chat about it!:) So, anyway, make 8 scallop circle punches(or that's how many I used). Line them all up and then make a hole in the center and add a brad to keep them together. Take each scallop and "wrinkle it up!" and once you've done that to all but the last scallop, you can attach it to the card. I used dimensionals to attach this over my ribbon--doubling the height of the adhesive by stacking them up. I added an Ocean Tides button and then a little pearl for my final touch.

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight! I appreicate it!:) I've got a few more Valentines to share tomorrow...so see you then!

5 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great, Jen! Love it! That flower is so pretty!

Allison said...

Great card! Love the flower!

Lisa Brown said...

This is adorable, Jen! Love your flower and the colors are yummy!

Deanna said...

Grogeous girl!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I LIKE it!! Beautiful color combination!