Monday, November 23, 2009

Silent Night....

Good morning friends! I hope you had a great weekend! We've had a wonderful one...we had a bunch of family at my parent's house last night for Suday dinner and it started snowing!! My kids were so excited! It is still snowing...and a prefect lead into a Holiday week!! We've been having a really great time with cousins and family...such a wonderful blessing to have a wonderful family!!

I wanted to share a fun card with you. I think it is one of my favorite Christmas cards to date. I love Christmas cards that are about Christ and His birth...the whole meaning of why we have this wonderful holiday time!! The stamp is one from the new LAD December Monthly Mix. I love this image!! Around the snow globe it says, "Silent Night, Holy Night all is calm all is bright, sleep in heavenly peace." Love, Love, Love!
I started my card with an olive card. Oh, I used the TESC 91 for my inspiration for the layout of this one. I used three different patterned papers, all from SU. I tied the ribbon round, a May Arts polka dot organdy ribbon and 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain. I stamped my snow globe image with black palette ink, then colored it in with copic markers. I used my circle nestabilites to cut the globe and the olive circles. I used some polar white flower soft to add some freshly fallen snow to my little church scene...and am so happy with the result!

My mom just decided she'd like to order a few....so that will be a fun thing to work on when I get home. Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make it a great one!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous! LOVE your snowglobe in forest green, such a pretty color and all your elements look great together! So glad you guys enjoyed the wedding celebrationg...have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends! BIG hugs!