Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Leaves

Good morning friends! Happy Tuesday to you! I'm excited to share some fun new products with you today! I think you know how I love nestabilites? Well, today I'm going to show a couple of cards that I made with my new Leaves Nestabilites! They are a bundle of fun!

This first card was a very simple quick card. I cut the leaves out of Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and Very Vanilla cardstock with my nestabilities and my Spellbinders Wizard. Next I ran the leaves through my Big Shot with my Swiss Dots Embossing folder. I mounted the leaves on my Very Vanilla card and then stamped my sentiment. This sweet sentiment is from the October Monthly Mix from Lizzie Anne Designs. I tied a bow with my Chocolate Chip ribbon, then tied a button to it and mounted it on a Really Rust circle and then I mounted it on my card.
This second card is also featuring my new nestabilites...and a few more new products too!! I just a big box from the UPS man today...a new PTI order...YUM-O! I have had a great time working today!
I started my card with a Spring Moss card base. I used some Chocolate Chip paper and my apron lace fiskars border punch to make my lovely chocoalte chip lace. I added some Raspberry Fizz patterned paper over top of the chocolate chip cardstock and then tied it up with some 5/8" chocolate chip ribbon. I used the tequnique found here on the JUGS challenge blog. I made both the flowers and a layered leaf, I'll show you my flower cards tomorrow! To make the leaves, I used my brayer and chocolate chip ink and covered some tissue paper with ink. Then I cut the tissue into squares and layered about 10 layers and cut my leaves out of that...a trip through the Big Shot with Leaf nestabilites. I love the look of the tissue paper leaf!!

Next, I stamped my sentiment which is from the Everyday Button Bits stamp set, with Chocolte Chip ink onto Spring Moss cardstock. I used my large oval punch to punch it out, then layered it on a Chocolate Chip scalloped oval, and then mounted those onto a wide Raspberry Fizz oval. I used some more Raspberry Fizz patterned paper and my smallest leaf nestie to create a perfect little leaf embellishment!

I'm excited to show you the other projects I finished up today, I comepleted some challenges and had a great relaxing day, so be sure to come back tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by and make it a great one!!

7 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

That tissue paper ink is awesome! Love both cards!

Rose Ann said...

Your textured leaves are so pretty, and I love the pink and polkas on your second card!! Beautiful, Jen!!

Mary Fish said...

Love the textured leaves. Your groovy pink autumn card would work for Thursday's (not posted yet) In the Pink PPA challenge (blog candy, too) :) Hugs, M

Deanna said...

Stunning!

Angie Tieman said...

What beautiful cards!!

Linda Callahan said...

The texture of yoru leaves is beautiful!

Margaret Moody said...

I love both of your cards! Love the color combo on the pink polka dot card!